If you are on the East Coast then you are definitely experiencing this 95+ degree heat.
Here are a few tips on how to make it through this heat wave
1. Avoid alcohol and sugary beverages! These extremely dehydrate the body
2. Eat fruits and veggies. They have natural water in them which can help to maintain hydration.
3. Stay indoors in a cool area as much as possible. Do most of your activity after sundown if possible.
4. TMI……… but monitor the color of your urine. The darker and more concentrate it is the more water you need to drink.
5. Of course…..Drink lots of water to prevent being thirsty. Signs of thirst may be signs of dehydration. Water is also good for maintaining body temp and circulation. If water is bland try adding flavors to your water. I use Mango Passion Hydrate in my water to not get bored with it. This not only quenches my thirst but provides me with the essential nutrients and electrolytes I need that I lose throughout the day through this heat wave.
Click Here to try some Hydrate for yourself and ensure you are staying hydrated through this heatwave and rest of the summer.